- 1. Who can install an Atlantis shower system?
While an Atlantis shower tiled system is a quick and easy method of constructing a tiled shower, it is not recommended as a DIY product and should only be installed by qualified tradespeople and/or a Certified/Approved Atlantis installer. As with any similar product, there are installation risks if you are not an experienced shower installer. The warranty may be affected if you do not follow instructions and achieve acceptable trade workmanship standards. You may also have difficulty in getting a Council completion certificate.
See Installation section for Current List of Recommended Installers.
- 2. Does the Atlantis system comply with the NZ Building Code?
- The Atlantis system complies with the relevant provisions of the New Zealand Building Code, namely in the use of an approved wet area membrane and toughened safety glass. Furthermore, the critical waterproofing components and connections have been BRANZ appraised and/or tested.
- 3. I'm a builder. Can I install an Atlantis shower system?
Yes you can, Installation instuctions supplied with each system must be followed to validate warranty.
- 4. As an architect how do I specify an Atlantis shower?
Just click on the Product Selector feature tab and find the shower option that works for you. Click on the plan view and you will be able to download the CAD drawing straight into your own plan in a choice of different formats. Also see the CAD Help page if you have difficulty using this feature.
- 5. What tile thicknesses will work with the Atlantis base?
Our standard EasyTile bases will accept tiles heights between 8mm and 15mm - which accommodates the most common tile sizes. The EasyClean waste fitting that comes standard with most system also adjusts to suit the tile height. Where thicker tiles are being used we recommend you contact Atlantis at the time of placing your order to discuss options.
For Linea Quattro channel drain shower bases, we need to know if the tile thickness is likely to exceed 12mm so we can make appropriate adjustments.
- 6. Does Atlantis offer customised tile showers?
- Yes. We are happy to quote on customised shower sizes and shapes. Just download our Freeform details and quotation form and fax to us (via your preferred merchant) to obtain a quotation. Please note special leadtimes and conditions apply to all customised showers.